The ACOI and its education partner, the Institute of Banking are seeking applications for the Professional Certificate in Conduct Risk, Culture and Operational Risk Management programme which is accredited by UCD and the globally recognised leader in risk management education, Professional Risk Managers’ International Association ( PRMIA).
About the Programme
This two module programme can be completed in one semester i.e. 12 weeks, and consists of two modules;
- Operational Risk Management Practices (10 ECTs)
- Banking Risk Management Framework, Culture and Conduct Risk (5 ECTs)
The key topic areas and lecturers include:
- Conduct Risk – Eavan Garvey, BOI
- Risk Culture – Enda Twomey, AIB
- Cybercrime – EY and Joe McDonagh, AIB
- Operational Risk in Branches – Bernard Morgan AIB and Richard Pike INED PTSB
- Governance – Allan Kearns CBI
The practical workshops are a very important component of the programme and it would be important that you were able to attend these.
Upon successful completion of the programme participants receive two awards:
- The Professional Certificate Conduct Risk, Culture and Operational Risk Management (NFQ Level 8 Award) from UCD
- The PRMIA Operational Risk Manager Certificate from PRMIA.
They can also:
- Progress to a higher Level 8 award.
- Continue on the pathway to becoming a Professional Banker.
- Receive 8 hours LCOI for passing each module.
INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNISED – PRMIA:
PRMIA is a membership association with over 90,000 members worldwide that aims to lead the Risk Management profession globally by setting the highest standards of ethics, education, and professional excellence. Over 2,400 companies worldwide employ PRMIA designates, demonstrating that employers around the world realize that PRMIA’s education programs prepares participants with the specialised knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in the dynamic banking industry.PRMIA is active in nearly every major financial center worldwide with members in over 65 countries worldwide.
By completing this programme you will receive one year’s membership of PRMIA
Final closing date: 20 January 2017