Professional Certificate & Professional Diploma in Compliance
The Professional Certificate and Professional Diploma in Compliance programme, a level 7 qualification on the National Framework of Qualifications, is designed for those who work or aspire to work in a professional capacity within a compliance function in financial services. Both the professional certificate and professional diploma are designed to enhance skills, judgement and ability to deal with practical issues in the management and practice of compliance in the financial services industry.
The Professional Certificate in Compliance (PDC 1 - Compliance and the Regulatory Structure and PDC 2 - Conduct of Business Rules are awarded the Professional Certificate in Compliance) introduces you to the theory of regulation and to its application to the financial services.
The Professional Diploma in Compliance (PDC 1, PDC 2, PDC 3 - Legal and Regulatory Aspects of Compliance and PDC 4 - Compliance Management) is the benchmark qualification for compliance professionals in all sectors of the financial services industry.
These programmes are delivered online through webinars. All modules are available 3 times a year with exams in January, May and September.
How will you benefit
On successful completion of the Professional Certificate and Diploma in Compliance graduates will be able to;
- Understand the role of compliance and where the compliance function fits within a financial services organisation;
- Explain the theory and describe the practice of regulation from both an Irish and International perspective;
- Describe the impact of relevant regulation and the role of the various regulatory bodies on the operation of the compliance function;
- Describe the legal environment that applies to the Financial Services industry;
- Assess the systems of controls, assurance and governance in an organisation;
- Critically evaluate the importance of ethics and their role in the compliance function;
- Understand the impact of regulatory rules relating to how consumers of financial services are protected;
- Assess the authorisation, supervision and prudential requirements for different financial entities; and
- Devise a regulatory relations policy in relation to inspections, themed visits and routine relations.
On successful completion of PDC 1- PDC 4, you will be awarded the Professional Diploma in Compliance from UCD.
In addition, you are entitled to apply for the designation ‘Licentiate of the Association of Compliance Officers in Ireland’ (LCOI) and use the designatory letters LCOI. Continued use of this designation is subject to meeting ACOI’s CPD requirements. The LCOI designation satisfies the Central Bank of Ireland’s Minimum Competency Code for those who ‘adjudicate on any complaint communicated to a regulated firm by a consumer which relates to advice about a retail financial product provided to that consumer or the arranging of a retail financial product for that consumer’.
“This programme gives students an understanding of the compliance function. It explains how regulatory systems work in Ireland and in the international compliance industry. You can do it while working full-time or part-time. It is a very useful programme, which favours career progression, especially when considering the current growing importance of compliance worldwide.”
Certificate & Diploma in
How to register?
- Become an ACOI Member
- Once you receive your receipt of membership with your ACOI membership details, you can then register for the programme.